The 2017 Island Highland Gathering & Country Fayre
We are delighted to announce the return of the Island Highland Gathering to Northwood House and Park on the 23rd July 2017 from 10am until 6pm. This popular local event, now in its seventh year, draws large crowds from all over the Island to enjoy a spectacle of Highland and themed entertainment to raise money for local charities including Northwood House itself.
Tickets for the event are now on sale on the dedicated event website www.islandhighlandgathering.com and are expected to sell fast as usual.
The event includes the following popular entertainment:
- Up to 6 nationally renowned Pipe & Drum bands competing in a musical spectacle, with the impressive "Mass Band Finale".
- Bagpiping and solo drumming competitions with national judges.
- Heel & Toe Dance stage, celebrating traditional Scottish dancing, including a full competition outside the Ballroom of Northwood House.
- The 1st Battalion 42nd Highland Regiment of Foot Re-enactment group with the UK's loudest cannon.
- Highlander Music stage with traditional Scottish music and hosted by the Wight Hot Pipes on the House lawn.
- Highland sports competition including Tossing the Caber, Hurling the Haggis, Tug of War and the Dizzy Whisky Dash. Enter a team of 4 on the day!
- Have a go at piping, Robert Burns recitals
- A range of local stalls
- A fully licensed bar & BBQ
- Cream teas and Pimm's on the House lawn
- Falconry and gundog display
- Classic Car display
- Bouncy castle assault course for the kids
It's a great fun family day out, with parking available on the day on the Park off Ward Avenue. Buy your tickets in advance to avoid disappointment.
For more details please call the Events Office on 01983 293642.
The event is kindly supported by Red Funnel, ESQ Events Ltd and HSS Hire of Newport as well as ourselves here at Northwood House Charitable Trust.