Privacy & Cookies
Booking tickets to events, parking permits or membership and purchasing online is quick, easy, convenient and safe.
We make every effort to maintain customer confidentiality when securing an online payment. This includes ensuring the security of your credit card details and other personal information.
We collect two types of information:
1) Personal information like your name, address, telephone number, age, and email address and any other information that you provide to us when you register with us when you make an enquiry, purchase or provide feedback.
Protecting your information
Your information is stored on secure servers in the European Economic Area (‘EEA’). If we do store outside the EEA area, we will put appropriate controls in place to ensure your information is protected.
You are responsible for ensuring that your information is accurate and kept up to date, and once registered on the website you can log on and update your contact details at any time.
Using the information you have provided
We use your Information for the purposes of:
- Contacting you (by email or post) with newsletters and information about future events. Please note that this will only be done if you have opted in to receive email communication. You can notify us at any time if you do not wish to receive these messages by clicking on the ‘UNSUBSCRIBE’ link or by contacting us. It can take up to 72 hours for our systems to update the change.
- Facilitating bookings that you wish to make with organisations using Northwood House for their own events.
- We may conduct promotions, competitions or prize draws that you enter using the website, or via social media.
- We may invite you to complete surveys or provide us with feedback.
- Monitoring visitor traffic on our website and conducting analysis on the performance of our website so that we can make improvements.
Providing security on your information
To protect your personal information, we take reasonable precautions and follow industry best practices to make sure it is not inappropriately lost, misused, accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed.
Credit Card Information
If you choose a credit card payment to complete your purchase, the information is encrypted and transmitted using secure socket layer technology (SSL/TLS). The payment provider Stripe, Inc. will process and store your credit card data. Your credit card details are not stored on our server.
Payment data is is encrypted through the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI-DSS). All payment gateways used on this website adhere to the standards set by PCI-DSS as managed by the PCI Security Standards Council, which is a joint effort of brands like Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover.
Changes to this policy
We improve our website on an ongoing basis so there may be developments in how we use your data. All development will be notified to you in this policy. Your continued use of our website will signify that you agree to the changes.
These cookies are set when you submit a form, login or interact with the site using our payment facilities. We also use some non-essential cookies to anonymously track visitors.
To control third party cookies, you can adjust your browser settings.
The benefits of Cookies
Our cookies help:
- Make our website work well
- Improve the speed/security of the site
- Allow you to share pages with social networks like Facebook
- Continuously improve our website for you
- Make our marketing more efficient
- Collect any personally identifiable information (without your express permission)
- Collect any sensitive information (without your express permission)
- Pass data to advertising networks
- Pass personally identifiable data to third parties
- Pay sales commissions
There is no way to prevent these cookies being set other than to not use our site.
Social website cookies
So you can easily ‘Like’ or share our content on the likes of Facebook and Twitter we have included sharing buttons on our site.
Anonymous visitor statistics cookies
Cookies we use:
__ga – Google Analytics
__gat – Google Analytics
PHPSESSID – Session Cookie
woocommerce_cart_hash – Stores shopping cart data
woocommerce_items_in_cart – Stores shopping cart data
wp_woocommerce_session_ – Stores user session id for cart
Turning cookies off
You can switch off cookies by adjusting your browser settings to stop accepting cookies. Doing so may limit the functionality of most websites as cookies are a standard part of modern websites.
If you are concerned about spyware consider using anti-spyware software that automatically deleting cookies considered to be invasive.